SPONSORED BY THE BANK OF HOUSTON
Reaching young students and making them lifelong readers who are engaged with and active in their community is the goal of the Houston Herald's Newspaper In Education program.
For nearly a decade, the Herald has partnered with the Missouri Press Association and The Bank of Houston, to provide free newspapers to more than 200 students and teachers at Houston R-1 Schools.
Families become partners by extending the reading and learning experiences to the home - parents reading with their children, discussing current events and modeling their own reading habits. Organizations contribute through content on topics relating to community, state or national interest. Business enters the partnership by providing sponsorship of the reduced-rate educational newspapers.
THE NIE ACTIVITY RUNS ON PAGE A4 OF THE HERALD DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR.
- Houston man busted in burglary case
- Man charged after allegedly attempting to hit deputy with a pickup
- MDC announces 2018 deer and turkey hunting dates
- Authorities investigate stabbing at Raymondville
- Numerous disputes among calls for deputies
- South Central Correctional Center reports inmate death
- Licking woman injured after suffering medical issue while driving
- Two file for Houston City Council
- Police: Man ends up asleep in couple's apartment
- LINDA BUCHHOLZ