About the newspaper...Established in 1878, the Houston Herald is the award-winning county seat weekly newspaper serving Texas County. In 2015, the Herald was judged one of the state's top newspapers in its class in the Missouri Better Newspaper Contest. It also publishes The Messenger, which is a section of the newspaper, and is also distributed to households in the county that don't subscribe to the newspaper.
From the downtown business district, the newspaper's offices handle news and advertising production. About 4,000 subscribers receive the newspaper weekly. The Messenger has a circulation of about 10,100 households.
The newspaper operates a popular website at houstonherald.com. The website presents itself for the best user experience depending on device, such as mobile and tablet. Other services include text messaging of breaking news and other information. Readers also follow the Herald on Facebook and Twitter.
Every newspaper published since 1949 is available on the website's archives.
- Houston man busted in burglary case
- Man charged after allegedly attempting to hit deputy with a pickup
- MDC announces 2018 deer and turkey hunting dates
- Authorities investigate stabbing at Raymondville
- Numerous disputes among calls for deputies
- South Central Correctional Center reports inmate death
- Licking woman injured after suffering medical issue while driving
- Two file for Houston City Council
- Police: Man ends up asleep in couple's apartment
- LINDA BUCHHOLZ